Do you ever have those days where you are so absolutely exhausted you can barely brush your teeth, but #mumlife doesn’t stop, does it?
I have those days (unfortunately more often than not thanks to THIS) but anyway, my point with this post is to encourage you for those days.
I filmed a “day in the life” video the other week – you can watch it HERE… On that particular day I was filming I felt so awful, my head was pounding and my body was not happy. I would’ve loved to kick back for the day but I knew if I didn’t take advantage of getting my jobs done while Trent was home to help out with it all, then the following few days I would be even more exhausted.
Some days we need to rest and have no other option or it’s a luxury we can do, but on other days it just really isn’t realistic. If I had left the groceries and ignored the lunch box well then I would be doing that on my own and with 2 kids. The lunch box is fairly easy but I try to avoid grocery shopping with kids because, STRESS!
So Mumma’s here are My top 5 tips for getting through those days when you would rather sleep!
- Set achievable goals… I pick 3 tasks I want to do that day & if I only get those 3 done it is great but I know usually I’ll do more and then it makes me feel better about myself.
- Reward yo’ self! On this particular day I treated myself to cheeseburger, because sometimes you need to eat the burger! If you are dreading doing the groceries, say to yourself if you get it done then you can grab a magazine or chocolate at the register for later or a coffee from a drive thru on the way home. Sometimes a tiny little treat can perk us up!
- Ask for help & accept it. We don’t have “outside help” or really anyone that comes and gives us a hand, but Trent and I work really well as a team. His final day off each run he knows it’s him and the kids so I can get “my jobs” done… He helps out during the day with whatever I ask him to do, but I mainly like him to just spend time with the kids because he does work such big shifts so they do miss him.
- Do not over do it. I suck at this, but try to do what you need to do and don’t burn yourself out. Stop and give yourself grace. You do not need to do it all. Doing those 3 main tasks you picked is enough and will start you on the right foot in the morning/ for the coming week.
- Eat well & drink lots of water… Yes, in this video I eat Maccas, so who am I to preach about nourishing our bodies? Ha. But in all seriousness, the fuel we give ourselves truly impacts how we feel. And sometimes how we feel can be a reflection of our diet. I love to drink really cold water, I find it just boosts me up – don’t know why, but it does. But the same with a good & healthy meal. Eating a good lunch maybe what you need to give you that motivation to get you through a long day. But then again, maybe a chocolate will too. It’s all about balance and what works for you. (But in the long run, the healthier option is the best…)
So friends, I hope you found this motivating or a little encouraging. I truly understand how hard it is just to get through a basic day sometimes and then when you add in extra jobs, it truly can feel like too much. But life doesn’t stop.
I hope from these tips you can pick one or two that may help you.
What is your biggest tip for getting through a day when you are absolutely exhausted but have lots to do?
Please comment below or on my social media!
* I did want to add that Trent does help me out a great deal around the house and all these jobs he would gladly do for me, I’m just a control freak and like to do things myself like a crazy person! So he just helps out where and however he can.