Do you ever have those days where you are so absolutely exhausted you can barely brush your teeth, but #mumlife doesn’t stop, does it?
I have those days (unfortunately more often than not thanks to THIS) but anyway, my point with this post is to encourage you for those days.
I filmed a “day in the life” video the other week – you can watch it HERE… On that particular day I was filming I felt so awful, my head was pounding and my body was not happy. I would’ve loved to kick back for the day but I knew if I didn’t take advantage of getting my jobs done while Trent was home to help out with it all, then the following few days I would be even more exhausted.
Some days we need to rest and have no other option or it’s a luxury we can do, but on other days it just really isn’t realistic. If I had left the groceries and ignored the lunch box well then I would be doing that on my own and with 2 kids. The lunch box is fairly easy but I try to avoid grocery shopping with kids because, STRESS!
So Mumma’s here are My top 5 tips for getting through those days when you would rather sleep!
- Set achievable goals… I pick 3 tasks I want to do that day & if I only get those 3 done it is great but I know usually I’ll do more and then it makes me feel better about myself.
- Reward yo’ self! On this particular day I treated myself to cheeseburger, because sometimes you need to eat the burger! If you are dreading doing the groceries, say to yourself if you get it done then you can grab a magazine or chocolate at the register for later or a coffee from a drive thru on the way home. Sometimes a tiny little treat can perk us up!
- Ask for help & accept it. We don’t have “outside help” or really anyone that comes and gives us a hand, but Trent and I work really well as a team. His final day off each run he knows it’s him and the kids so I can get “my jobs” done… He helps out during the day with whatever I ask him to do, but I mainly like him to just spend time with the kids because he does work such big shifts so they do miss him.
- Do not over do it. I suck at this, but try to do what you need to do and don’t burn yourself out. Stop and give yourself grace. You do not need to do it all. Doing those 3 main tasks you picked is enough and will start you on the right foot in the morning/ for the coming week.
- Eat well & drink lots of water… Yes, in this video I eat Maccas, so who am I to preach about nourishing our bodies? Ha. But in all seriousness, the fuel we give ourselves truly impacts how we feel. And sometimes how we feel can be a reflection of our diet. I love to drink really cold water, I find it just boosts me up – don’t know why, but it does. But the same with a good & healthy meal. Eating a good lunch maybe what you need to give you that motivation to get you through a long day. But then again, maybe a chocolate will too. It’s all about balance and what works for you. (But in the long run, the healthier option is the best…)
So friends, I hope you found this motivating or a little encouraging. I truly understand how hard it is just to get through a basic day sometimes and then when you add in extra jobs, it truly can feel like too much. But life doesn’t stop.
I hope from these tips you can pick one or two that may help you.
What is your biggest tip for getting through a day when you are absolutely exhausted but have lots to do?
Please comment below or on my social media!
* I did want to add that Trent does help me out a great deal around the house and all these jobs he would gladly do for me, I’m just a control freak and like to do things myself like a crazy person! So he just helps out where and however he can.
Today I would love to show you all a brand new subscription box service that one of my favourite bloggers & dear friends, Anne from Domesblissity has created…
The “Domestic Goddess” subscription box… For more info please read HERE.
This box is full of hand selected items by Anne that are targeted for a certain theme each month, the month of November is “doing the dishes”… Each box also includes special & indulgent products for the “domestic goddess” of the home!
To check out my unboxing video please click HERE.
If you would like to purchase a box or subscribe for a monthly parcel please click HERE and you can use the coupon code of ‘SUBSCRIBE5’ for $5 off your first box!
I also have a December 2017/Christmas subscription box to give away! So if you would like to enter please head on over to my Facebook & Instagram, find the image and make sure you enter!
Good luck friends!
Please check out Anne on Facebook HERE, Instagram HERE & her blog HERE.
Good morning friends,
I come to you today with some motivation I discovered from 1952…
I stumbled upon a few old magazines I bought years ago, they range in age from 1952 – 1984, so they are absolute gems! I love looking at the advertising from the 50’s!
Anyway, I was sitting down last night flicking through the Women’s Weekly from April, 1952 and I stumbled across an interesting little piece…
I totally agree with this and I actually do that!
My mornings run like clockwork (when Trent is at work that is – I tend to be a little more relaxed when he is home),
but most days my routine is firm. I get so much done between when we wake up until Tommy’s nap time at 9am’ish. I recently filmed my spring morning routine which you can watch HERE…
I thought I would share that little pearl of wisdom with you in hopes to encourage someone… I am very regularly asked how I stay on top of jobs especially with 2 small children… I just work hard, that’s the honest answer. I don’t like sitting around doing nothing, it drives me crazy… My days are usually very busy and I strive to get a lot done in them. But my mornings are the busiest and my theory behind that is if I get all my main jobs out of the way first thing in the morning, well that gives me free time to play with the kids, give a friend or my sister a call, have a visitor over for lunch, take it easy in the afternoon or get extra jobs done…
My top tasks that I do every single morning without fail are;
- unload the dishwasher.
- put at least 1 load of laundry on & peg it out. (It is folded & put away every evening)
- vacuum the floors (with my Dyson stick vac. I usually vacuum 2-3 times a day, but bare minimum is once a day)
- spot mop/mop the kitchen, if I didn’t do it the night before.
- tidy up from breakfast. Stack the dishwasher, put toaster away & wipe down benches.
- make the beds. (LuLu is starting to make her own)
- Get the 3 of us ready for the day.
With those jobs done, I feel good about my home & if nothing else gets accomplished during the day that is ok. During most days I go about either dusting, cleaning bathrooms, tidying, baking or whatever other task needs to be tackled in between tending to the kids and playing. (Dusting & polishing is more fun when you are jumping around singing like a fool to get your kids to laugh…) I try to have most jobs done by lunch time or early afternoon, so I can rest, play & organise dinner.
I really love my productive mornings.
What do you do each morning? Do you have set jobs? What do you think of this little snippet of wisdom from 1952?
Let me know in the comments below or connect with me on social media.
(Also let me know if you would like me to do another blog post on some of the content from these old magazines)