Today I bring you a very tasty post. I have had such a delicious week organising this post for you.
The lovely people over at Mission Foods sent me a wonderful box of scrumptious food last week. So I thought I would create for you a mini meal plan, basically some easy and guaranteed yummy dinner or even lunch ideas!
I think these meals are perfect for the warmer weather, I love healthy & delicious meals that aren’t too heavy in the warmer months.
Meal 1 – Nachos.
Everyone loves nachos, this is so easy. You can either have them just as chips & salsa, but I was making mine as an easy dinner so I placed the chips into an oven proof dish, tipped the salsa over the top and then added some grated cheese. I popped the dish into an oven at 180degrees for about 15-20mins (basically until the cheese melts to your liking) and voila – super simple lunch/dinner. This is also a tasty meal to serve if you have friends over watching sport on TV or for afternoon drinks. Like I said, everyone loves nachos.
Meal 2 – Cajun Chicken Wraps.
This meal takes a little more effort, but it is still so easy & incredibly delicious. We eat a lot of “bbq cajun chicken” (I’ll share that recipe another day) That meal inspired this dish, I wanted to do chicken wraps – but I didn’t want to use pre-bought crumbed chicken strips. So I made my own coating and I think they are delicious.
You will need;
- Chicken breast (I used about 480g)
- Crumb coating.
- Seasoning to add if you wish. I used cajun & season for all.
- Mission Wraps. For this dish I used the red quinoa wraps, so delicious.
- Salads for filling. (Spinach, avocado, onion, capsicum, cucumber, tomato)
- Mayo or sauce of your liking. I used homemade mayo. (Thank you Thermie!) but ranch dressing would be yummy too!
- Slice up chicken into strips.
- Prepare crumb mix by tipping some crumb into a dish and adding seasoning. (Before I added the seasoning I crumbed a few small pieces of chicken for LuLu & set them aside)
- Coat the chicken in the mix and place on baking tray.
- Pop into oven at 180degrees for about 1/2 an hour or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare your salads.
- Warm wraps in microwave or you can wait until after you’ve assembled the wraps and toast them on a flat press toasted sandwich maker.
- Once out of the oven assemble your wraps.
Meal 3 – BBQ Beef burritos.
This meal was a new one for us, I don’t normally cook beef burritos, but I thought I would be adventurous & attempt something new. Well, I am glad I did – this meal was delicious. It once again takes a few steps, but it’s so easy.
You will need;
- Beef. I cheated and bought pre cut beef strips, they worked really well.
- 125g of salsa (just don’t use your whole jar when you make nachos)
- 35g of BBQ sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- Mission Foods taco seasoning
- Salads for filling. Capsicum, tomato, onion, spinach and cheese.
- Any sauces you like, I used tomato chutney and it was delicious.
- Mission Wraps, we used Chia & Red Quinoa – they were perfect! Chia seeds are an amazing superfood to add into your diet. They contain omega-3 fats, protein, calcium and dietary fibre. Chia Seeds are an ancient grain that are known as having a little bit of everything!
- Finely chop (or crush) 1 clove of garlic, place into a bowl. Add in salsa, BBQ sauce, seasoning mix and combine with a fork.
- Add beef to a marinating dish and then tip the above mix over the meat. (I saved a few strips of plain beef in a little sandwich bag for LuLu)
Place in fridge. (I prepared mine about 2 hours before lunch)
Cook beef on BBQ.
Once beef is cooked warm wraps or toast them after assembling.
Assemble wraps and enjoy!
Meal 4 – Ham & salad wraps.
Honestly this is a meal that is so popular in our house, even growing up we ate this a lot as kids for lunch – I think everyone enjoys this meal. Trent has been on night shift this week, which means we have a bigger lunch, he takes left overs to work and LuLu and I either have leftovers as well or we make something easy together at night. He has been enjoying being my taste tester and having lots of healthy & filling meals made for him. He took the left over beef wraps to work, so I had to organise another meal for LuLu and I. So I made ham & salad wraps – so simple but very yummy and filling (you could use any cold meat filling, slice chicken or turkey would be so good as well!). These work great for a lunch (I’ve made them for Trent a few times this week already just as an extra thing for his lunch box) but they are also a good light dinner option.
We used the Red Quinoa wraps for this meal. Red Quinoa is a wonderful superfood to add into your diet, it was once known as the “mother of all grains” by the Aztecs. It has the perfect balance of all nine amino acids that are key for human nutrition.
I know ham & salad wraps are a basic meal, but I’ve been pretty unwell this week so I didn’t have much energy to create something fancier, it was quick & easy and a much better alternative than driving and getting take out! I feel good serving LuLu Mission Wraps because they are free from artificial colours of flavours and are also a great source of fibre.
LuLu loves them and ate most of her dinner so I was happy.
Mumma & Bubba meals. (I use 1/2 a wrap for LuLu’s)
LuLu loved these wraps.
We regularly buy Mission Wraps
for healthy lunches & dinners so it has been a pleasure to work with them on this post & I’ve enjoyed trying some new meal ideas.
I love their new range that include the Red Quinoa & Chia Seeds wraps, the addition of Red Quinoa and Chia doesn’t alter the tastes at all of the wraps – we think they tasted great with all of our meals and it’s good to know you are adding a bit more “good stuff” to your diet by enjoying them!
You can pick up a packet of these delicious new Mission Wraps at your local Woolworths or selected independent grocery stores today for RRP. $4.79
I hope you enjoyed this yummy post, what is your favourite filling for wraps?
Enjoy your week.