For today’s video I have my SPRING MORNING ROUTINE. You can watch it HERE.
Now, my routine evolves with whatever is going in our life & also with the seasons… The days are starting sooner now & the mornings are so beautiful & warm so we are able to get out and enjoy time outside before the heat of the day.
This routine is when Trent is on day shift, when he is on days off & night shift the routine may change slightly… But when he is on days on, this is pretty much what I do every morning up until around 9:30am. I get a lot done between when we wake up and until Tommy has his first nap. I get my jobs for the day out of the way as fast as possible so the children and I can enjoy our day.
My typical morning looks like;
- Wake up anywhere between 5:30am-6:30am… Then snuggle in bed!
- I start my diffuser, I use doTERRA essential oils... (If you would like more info on them please feel free to message me or click HERE.) In this particular video I am using grapefruit, litsea & easy air. I find this blend uplifting & motivating and easy air helps with sinus!
- I unload the dishwasher (I always run my dishwasher each night)
- I make our breakfast.
- The kids go in the playroom to play.
- I clean the kitchen, wipe down benches, take rubbish out and clean the highchair.
- Make my bed. My bed has to be made each day!
- I get myself ready for the day, I like to do really basic makeup & fix my hair quickly, that way I just feel a little better about myself.
- Put on a load of laundry.
- Dress the kids, clean teeth etc.
- Vacuum & mop.
- Then we all head out into the backyard to water our gardens.
- We go for a walk around our local area.
- Peg the laundry out.
- Come inside, wash hands.
- LuLu has quiet play time while I cuddle Tommy to sleep.
- LuLu and I have some fruit together.
That’s our usual routine and I feel having predictable days is so good for kids, they know what’s happening and are more at ease.
What does a normal morning at your house usually look like?
Let me know in the comments below or connect with me on social media…
PS: Want to win an elf door from Kmart?? Check out the posts on Instagram and Facebook!!