‘Being in charge of your own life, and making decisions based on what you want to do rather than what you have to do, gives you a rare kind of contentment and shows you that every ordinary day offers magnificent opportunities.’
– Rhonda Hetzel.
Today I come to you with a give away!
A give away to celebrate being back at blogging and the new year…
(Sorry I did plan for this to go up 1 month ago, but life is a bit busy!)
So we will make it the start of February competition.
For this competition I am giving away a book.
The Simple Home by Rhonda Hetzel.
I love this author/blogger and get so much inspiration from her, I’ve been following her for years!
This is her latest book and I just bought myself a copy & one for someone else – one of you!
I briefly saw Rhonda last year at the Toowoomba Library when she was on her book tour and she was so incredibly encouraging to listen to. She was honest about why she made certain lifestyle changes and why she has chosen to live a more simple life.
To me she is so wise & she has such a kind & warm charm to her – kind of like an old neighbour or grandmother you could listen to for hours & learn so much from. That’s what reading her books are like, advice from a wise friend. I really admire her and her practical approach to living.
The message she promotes of simplicity, frugality, back to basic living, family, kindness & the importance of home is something I love & to me it makes sense.
I strive to live a simplified life, a life that is more focused on enjoying moments and each other instead of things.
During her speech last year, she said something that resonated with me – that everyone’s idea of simple living is different. And I absolutely 110% agree with this, there is no one or right way to live simply. I like to think I live a little more simply than others but I know I don’t live as simply as others do. If that makes sense.
We are all on our own journey and doing things at our own pace. My goal with my version of simple living is making my own cleaning products to eliminate the need for harsh chemicals in our home, making more food from scratch to reduce the number of preservatives & additives in our diet, trying to be more frugal & live with less and to declutter our home. And to eventually live a life where we are growing our own produce & maybe raising our own protein and if we are dreaming big – maybe even be self sufficient to an extent. (The last point is a long term “dream goal”, but for now we try to harvest our own venison when we can.)
This book is a year long guide broken down into months.
“A month-by-month guide to self-reliance, productivity and contentment.”
There are chapters on organising your year, finances, growing & preserving your own food, recipes for not just food but also cleaning products, sewing & crafts, cleaning, health and slowing down plus much more.
This book is full of beautiful images and crammed full of so much knowledge and wisdom for life & the home and I’m sure you will love it!
I have owned Rhonda’s first 2 books for years and find them incredibly helpful & inspiring to living a more slow & simple life – the type of life I aspire to. I regularly use them as guides to flip back to for advice.
If you think you would enjoy this book, which I think most of my readers would, I encourage you to enter this give away!
There is an entry form below with multiple ways to enter & you can gain extra entries for sharing on Facebook & Instagram about the giveaway!
I highly recommend this book (as well as Rhonda’s first 2 books; Down To Earth & The Simple Life. )
Just so we are all clear, here are the T&C’s;
- You must be a follower of this blog, either subscribe via Google, bloglovin or by email!
- Please comment on this blog post. Either tell me why you like ModernWifeLife31, what you would like to read more of or how you have simplified your life.
- Please share this blog post.
- Please LIKE ModernWifeLife31 on Facebook
- Please follow ModernWifeLife31 on Instagram
- Please follow me on Twitter @Modernwifelife3
- You can receive an extra entry by sharing the competition post from my Facebook page & also sharing the image on Instagram – remembering to tag @Modernwifelife31 in your post. (I will manually add an additional entry for every share)
- Australian entries only.
- Competition starts 12am February 1st 2017 and ends February 8th 2017 at midnight.
- Winner will be announced by lunchtime the following day.
- 1 prize only.
- Winner and prize are final.
- Winner has 48 hours to contact with me their postal addresses & I will post out the book as soon as possible by standard tracked post.
- Prize was purchased by me and this competition is not sponsored. RRP of book is $45.
- This competition is in no way affiliated or endorsed by Facebook, Instagram or Rhonda Hetzel.
- By entering this competition you agree to this terms & conditions.
Please enter by this entry form…
a Rafflecopter giveawayhttps://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js
Thank you so much for your ongoing support over the last year when I have been a little absent – I truly appreciate every single one of my readers.
Thank you for entering & good luck!