Always make time for things that make you feel happy to be alive.
Sometimes life can feel overwhelming. You think you are doing the right thing but then God pulls a move & bam you are sitting there like “uhh, what?”.
When life feels a little too much, a bit too overwhelming I like to make a list…
Normally I just do this mentally, it can be a list on anything. But it gets my mind off the current situation and focused on something more positive.
So because life is always a bit too much, let’s make a list…
Things that make my heart happy…
- Big cuddles from my kids.
- Being in my “safe place” with my husband. (I like to rest my head on his chest where his heart is & get a hug & everything feels ok when I’m there)
- Having all 4 of us sleeping in our bed. (This is very rare as our little man loves his cot, but when he wakes in the morning I bring him to our bed to feed and occasionally he’ll drift back off to sleep!)
- Having one (or both – but that’s very rare) of my kids fall asleep on me. Oh hugging a sleeping babe is bliss!
- Watching my daughter love on her baby brother. She has so much love in her heart for him and she’s always been so gentle & kind. (And she also very protective) And the way he always searches for her is adorable!
- Taking a really great photo & thinking how much I will love looking at it one day when these moments are just distant memories.
- Cooking really good food, it is even better when it’s for people I love.
- Actually just eating good food. Gosh I love food…
- Getting a message from someone saying that I’ve encouraged or inspired them.
- Laughing really hard about something with my best friend, actually just chats in general with her.
- Reminiscing on my childhood with my sister.
- When I hear from my brothers. They are young & busy, so when I see them or hear from them, it means a lot.
- Having a cup of tea in silence. Actually just sitting in silence since becoming a Mum is nice treat that makes my heart sing! (Haha)
- My fur babies. Stroking their furry soft ears is a favourite of mine & I think they are quiet partial to it too.
- Roadtrips & adventures.
- Really good music – like the Zac Brown Band.
- Reading a good book & feeling inspired…
- Rainy days with no plans where we can relax, do nothing or whatever we desire.
- Going for a walk after it’s rained, everything looks so pretty when it’s wet.
- The beach. I haven’t been in ages, but I love beach.
- Watching a really inspirational movie.
- Knowing I’m loved by our Lord.
- And of course, witnessing a sunrise or sunset. If you follow me on my social media you know I’m kind of obsessed with the first & last light of the day, a good chunk of my photos are of the sun! #sorrynotsorry
Take time to make your soul happy.