November is here and I am going to be honest and say I may have possibly set up all my Christmas decorations last week… My house may look like somewhere Buddy the Elf would love to hang out… And I love it.
I like to get my Christmas decorating done early, it leaves time for Christmas activities, crafts, baking, I can see what new decorations I need/want to buy and the house is festive for when we have visitors.
(I have posted some photos of my latest Christmas purchases on my social media and I’ll share some photos of my decorations shortly!)
November and December is a busy time for everyone, I feel when the weather warms up and the Christmas season arrives everyone gets more social. We have more bbqs, more friends drop by to say hello and we just enjoy having people visit.
But being this busy often means my cleaning routine gets messed around, so I like to keep products on hand that help me quickly give me a house a “clean appearance” but at the same time make it actually clean & hygienic.
Sometimes in the silly season people like to give you a 10 minute warning before they drop around. A quick text to say “hey, what are you doing? Mind if we pop over and say hello?” – now I will rarely turn someone down to visit – especially around Christmas, I love our home being a warm and inviting place for people to visit. So after a message like that it normally sparks a “clean as much as I can shake down” of the house before they arrive. I like to believe my house is in a constant state of being reasonably clean, but a quick re-clean of the kitchen bench & guest bathroom just makes me feel a little more confident in the appearance of my home.
The cleaning products I am using at the moment and that I think are great are by Dettol.
The Surface Cleanser and the Healthy Clean Kitchen Spray are my top 2.
Dettol is household name that people associate with hygienic & clean – well I know I do. It is a brand I trust.
The Surface Cleanser is a great cleaning product, it cleans everything from toys, the bench tops in my bathrooms and kitchen, the bin and I even use it to wipe down the toilet.
The Healthy Kitchen Spray leaves my stainless surfaces really shiny and I feel confident knowing my kitchen surfaces are clean and hygienic after using this product.
The surface cleanser is good for a quick clean and the kitchen spray is a wonderful deep cleaning product that is perfect to use if you have a bit of time up your sleeve.
Another product by Dettol I really like and have a few stashed in different places are the little healthy touch hand sanitisers. I’ve been using these since before I had LuLu, they are great for keeping in your hand bag, nappy bag and in the car. I had the pump version as well on LuLu’s change table and also have them in the bathrooms. Hand sanitiser is a must for anyone, but especially for parents!
Dettol also has a vast range of other great products for your family and home, I also really love the disinfectant wipes that make cleaning super fast & convenient.
I’ve partnered with Dettol this month to bring you all an exciting give away just in time for Christmas. Having extra cleaning products is a blessing this time of year, we are cooking & entertaining more often and therefore cleaning more, so I thought this give away would be perfect.
For this give away you’ll win a gift pack of 3 brilliant Dettol products,
1x Surface Cleanser Wipes.
1x Surface Cleanser trigger – mint & lime.
1x Citrus Shower gel.
*Prizes are subject to change.
To enter please fill out the form below and follow these rules.
Rules to enter give away & a few terms and conditions;
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand resident.
- You must be a follower of this blog, either subscribe via Google, bloglovin or by email!
- You can gain bonus entries by following ModernWifeLife31 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- A way to earn a bonus entry is to leave a comment below with your best cleaning tip for the Christmas season.
- Competition begins on Wednesday 11th November 2015 and ends Wednesday 18th November 2015.
- Winner will be announced on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter on the 19/11/2015.
- The winner has 48 hours to contact me with their postal address. If there is no contact within that time frame I will redraw another winner.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by a representative for Dettol.
- I have no control over the postage of the item, but I have full faith that your prize will arrive in a timely manner once I pass your postal details on to the company.
- Prize is final and cannot be changed or exchanged for money, the prize may vary slightly from the description given.