Today I bring you a very tasty post. I have had such a delicious week organising this post for you.
The lovely people over at Mission Foods sent me a wonderful box of scrumptious food last week. So I thought I would create for you a mini meal plan, basically some easy and guaranteed yummy dinner or even lunch ideas!
I think these meals are perfect for the warmer weather, I love healthy & delicious meals that aren’t too heavy in the warmer months.
Meal 1 – Nachos.
Everyone loves nachos, this is so easy. You can either have them just as chips & salsa, but I was making mine as an easy dinner so I placed the chips into an oven proof dish, tipped the salsa over the top and then added some grated cheese. I popped the dish into an oven at 180degrees for about 15-20mins (basically until the cheese melts to your liking) and voila – super simple lunch/dinner. This is also a tasty meal to serve if you have friends over watching sport on TV or for afternoon drinks. Like I said, everyone loves nachos.
Meal 2 – Cajun Chicken Wraps.
This meal takes a little more effort, but it is still so easy & incredibly delicious. We eat a lot of “bbq cajun chicken” (I’ll share that recipe another day) That meal inspired this dish, I wanted to do chicken wraps – but I didn’t want to use pre-bought crumbed chicken strips. So I made my own coating and I think they are delicious.
You will need;
- Chicken breast (I used about 480g)
- Crumb coating.
- Seasoning to add if you wish. I used cajun & season for all.
- Mission Wraps. For this dish I used the red quinoa wraps, so delicious.
- Salads for filling. (Spinach, avocado, onion, capsicum, cucumber, tomato)
- Mayo or sauce of your liking. I used homemade mayo. (Thank you Thermie!) but ranch dressing would be yummy too!
- Slice up chicken into strips.
- Prepare crumb mix by tipping some crumb into a dish and adding seasoning. (Before I added the seasoning I crumbed a few small pieces of chicken for LuLu & set them aside)
- Coat the chicken in the mix and place on baking tray.
- Pop into oven at 180degrees for about 1/2 an hour or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare your salads.
- Warm wraps in microwave or you can wait until after you’ve assembled the wraps and toast them on a flat press toasted sandwich maker.
- Once out of the oven assemble your wraps.
- Beef. I cheated and bought pre cut beef strips, they worked really well.
- 125g of salsa (just don’t use your whole jar when you make nachos)
- 35g of BBQ sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- Mission Foods taco seasoning
- Salads for filling. Capsicum, tomato, onion, spinach and cheese.
- Any sauces you like, I used tomato chutney and it was delicious.
- Mission Wraps, we used Chia & Red Quinoa – they were perfect! Chia seeds are an amazing superfood to add into your diet. They contain omega-3 fats, protein, calcium and dietary fibre. Chia Seeds are an ancient grain that are known as having a little bit of everything!
- Finely chop (or crush) 1 clove of garlic, place into a bowl. Add in salsa, BBQ sauce, seasoning mix and combine with a fork.
- Add beef to a marinating dish and then tip the above mix over the meat. (I saved a few strips of plain beef in a little sandwich bag for LuLu)
Place in fridge. (I prepared mine about 2 hours before lunch)
Cook beef on BBQ.
Once beef is cooked warm wraps or toast them after assembling.
Assemble wraps and enjoy!