I come to you today with another boredom busting idea for toddlers.
I always am searching for new and fun ideas to keep LuLu entertained because when Trent is working it’s just her & I at home, she doesn’t go to daycare – I am solely responsible for helping her learn & keeping her entertained during the days at this stage in her life, I came across this idea on good ol’ Pinterest – because lets be honest here, everyone gets their ideas of this amazing website.
(If you aren’t following me already click HERE to see my page!)
Anyway onto the idea to keep your little one entertained…
This is more of a sensory play activity but also can help in teaching colours and using utensils.
Now making it is super simple and really you just need some time to do it.
I used a cheap packet of Homebrand spaghetti (less than $2 I believe!) & a few drops of some food dye I had in the cupboard.
- Cook it as you do pasta…
- Once cooked, drain/wash it & let it cool.
- Divide the spaghetti into separate zip-lock bags or if you don’t have any bags, just use separate bowls.
- Add a few drops of food colouring to the bags and gently massage to evenly disperse the colour.
- Once all pasta has been coloured, I left it for an hour or so just to really soak in.
- Before giving it to LuLu to play with I rinsed off any excess food dye.
How do you keep your little one entertained?
Let me know what you do to help your little one learn & have fun?
For more ideas please click HERE.