Welcome back and Happy New Year!!
We are 3 days into the new year & I hope the start of the year has been great for you!
I explained in my previous post why I stopped writing my old blog & why I’m back now with this new space – but I thought I should very briefly fill you all in on my last year, just so we are all caught up – please also let me know how 2014 was for you in the comments below!
2014 was a wonderful year for us & very, very busy.
We experienced many major milestones in LuLu’s life – eating, sitting up, crawling, talking, walking – running! And of course her first birthday! The first year of her life truly went by much to fast for my liking! I still now find myself sitting there somedays when she’s fallen asleep on me or if I am watching her play, wishing to rewind time – to let me play it all back, just so I can take it all in even more, to hold my teeny tiny sleepy new born again, to experience all those “firsts” again… But then I love now & I love the idea of the future, watching her grow & learn new skills so quickly I know her growing up healthy & happy is truly a blessing and something I am very thankful for & I never take for granted.
During last year we also sold our first little home, it was a lovely home for Trent & I but when LuLu arrived we knew we needed bigger. We wanted her to have space, we wanted to live in a quieter area, we wanted a nicer & more modern home for her to live in. So we searched for what seemed like most of the first 1/2 of the year, we prayed & we found ourselves a new & perfect home that met all our requirements and even the “extra requirements”! It was a great buy and something we are incredibly proud of.
2015 is looking like a much quieter and more relaxing year for us. Moving house is not my idea of a fun time! At this point we have no big plans for this year & I like that, I am looking forward to a nice & hopefully simple year.
So speaking of 2015 – resolutions – do you make them?
I made a few this year…
- Be more thankful, be happier, be healthier & stress less. (Pretty standard, the stress one will be my biggest challenge I think)
- Care more, care less. I read this recently on my friends instagram post and I love it. It is so perfect for me right now. I need to focus less on awful & negative people who try hurting me and focus more on the wonderful & positive people I have in my life and also just care more about me.
- Stay far away from those who cannot bring me joy. Do not interact with those that cause me pain. I stupidly failed this one already by interacting with an absolutely dreadful person when I know I should’ve just ignored her. But this is something I can work on and just learn to ignore people, even those who taunt & try to bait me.
- Buy less, choose well. I really want to save more this year and I think buying a few good quality items is much better than wasting lots of money on nonsense purchases.
- Write this blog. Give it a chance to grow. Be patient with it.
- Continue to be strong in my faith & learn more.
- Be a better me, a better wife, a better Mum, a better daughter, a better sister & a better friend. I always feel like I can strive to be better & some days I don’t feel like I get any better & maybe I go in the opposite direction, but I just wake up the next day & try again.